Sunday, November 28, 2010

As Halifax Broad would say: "@$#& *$^#" !!!

Local blogger,  "Halifax Broad", calls 'em as she sees 'em.  I admire her free and liberal use of cuss words in her ascerbic, tongue-in-cheek Blog.

My Blog is a kinder, gentler Blog and I studiously avoid the use of naughty words so as not to offend the delicate sensibilities of my dear readers.  (BTW - Did you notice I now have OVER six followers ? )

But today ?

TODAY I want to SCREAM:  " (*%!$#  %*  #*^$%   %$&*   +*!;@#"   !!!!


Oh that's not all.


Not done yet. 

I've saved the "best" for last.


Once we ensured that no one had quills inside their mouth, we set about the painful task before us. 

We took care of Wendy and Chandler first as they had fewer than ten quills each.  Kait held each dog and I snipped the end off each quill and then pulled it.  Snipping the end changes the pressure and makes the quill easier to pull.  That's the theory anyway.  They both were pretty well behaved and it was over in a few minutes.

We pulled the quills out of Trey's face, chest and leg pretty easily but his foot was another matter.
The quills were deep, between his toes, and there were a lot of them. 

He didn't understand that we were trying to help him and he used his great strength to struggle against us. 

And to hide.

Can you see him ?


Can you see him now ?


Poor Trey.

He was utterly miserable.


I stayed in the bathroom with him for over an hour and one by one yanked those buggers out.


I may never go into the damn f**king woods again !

Ooooops sorry. 

Couldn't help myself.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Sybil.. bad luck.. poor Trey especially.. hope that's it for wild animal encounters.. sheesh, I thought getting skunked was bad...

    Oh a brighter note I see in the Examiner that a fair trade coffee place - Kyoto coffee (from the farmer's market) is moving into the Gourmet Cup spot in the mall.. so one less empty spot..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh poor babies! That brings back memories of childhhood in Nova Scotia, and the family dog coming home in a similar state!
    Hummm still hasn't put me off though!

    Please note, it's snowing in the UK. Everything has stopped, shut down, is cancelled or has isn't functioning! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lynne and Julie,

    It's two days later and Trey is fine. The woods keep calling to me. What am I to do ? I love walking in my woods.

    But I'm not walking in there alone.

    There are coyotes in them thar woods !

    ... maybe


    Sybil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your poor doggie, and poor you having to pull the quills out! I hope this will be his last encounter with Porqupines!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK.....THREE doggies got quills? and one of them got hit before that?? OMG.....how nasty for them. I hope you will be able to still take them in the woods. I wonder what Caesar Millan would say. lol! I've never had a dog so I don't know about their psychology, but I do like to watch the Dog Whisperer.
    You are so brave to pull them out.
    Ya, rum sounds like an excellent idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Flora, I love Cesar Millan too. I've gotten some good ideas and insights from watching his show.

    I couldn't afford to keep taking these dopey dogs to the vet every time they get quilled. Don't think I'll be taking the whole pack in there.

    I just learned that porcupines don't hibernate !

    Sigh ...

    I'm sure this won't be the last quill tale.

    That reminds me -- gotta buy more rum.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really do love to read your comments.