Sunday, April 3, 2011

A night out with the girls ...

My friend Mickie is in a band.   Not an orchestra sorta band but an amped up, squealling guitars, driving drums, Janis Joplin sorta band.

She and her partner Amy invited me to come and see the inaugural public performance of her band  "Boiler Room".

The sign said the fund-raiser was "For Cancer" but I'm pretty sure
it was really against cancer.

Am I the only one who finds the juxtaposition of these two signs odd ?  amusing ?  ironic ? 

Each band played a totally different style of music.  The small room was full.  The crowd casual, friendly and supportive.

This chap wore a specially-fitted washboard which he  played with two spoons.

Strobe lights through my Schmirnoff Ice

"Boiler Room's" music really got people up on the dance floor.   .
Trying  to visually convey the beat of the music.

It was a fun evening and between the silent auction, 50/50 draw and door prizes over $1,000 was raised AGAINST cancer.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun night, Sybil! Glad you were able to go out and join the movement to help eliminate cancer on this planet. Nice that your friend Mickie was part of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a fun night Kathy. Can't believe I got a hangover from two lousy drinks !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lot of fun, Sybil. Thanks for visiting and leaving your comment. I will be back to see what you're up to whenever I have time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jodi. I'm not good at staying up that late but it was a lot of fun.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boiler Room was the hit of the night! So glad you could come out! ~A

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really do love to read your comments.