Sunday, January 6, 2013

Been a mite chilly here lately ...


We have had a week of far-too-frigid weather here on the Eastern Shore.   I have not been a happy puppy.  But in spite of the weather, I piled on the layers of clothing and took Wendy and Trey for a three-hour walk on the golf course at Hartlen yesterday.


It snowed off and on while we were there.


Wendy is very optimistic to think I can throw the ball that far !


The sun even came out after we left the golf course.


But the wind was bitter and I didn't want to linger.  


So we headed home.


12 comments:

  1. Looks a mite chilly Sybs, but what an interesting sky! Keep warm hon,
    Love,
    Vicky xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A three hour walk!??!! Wow, you are amazing. If I took an hour walk, I would be amazed. Great pics of sunlight on the doggies and the sea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More like a three-hour saunter Kathy. Don't be too impressed.

      Delete
  3. It really looks cold in the photos. You must be a very hard person to be able to stay out for 4 hours. Nice pics of where you had walked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've learned that having warm feet is pivotal ! ;-)

      Delete
  4. It's the same in PEI. From inside the house, it looks sunny and warm, but it's been -15 the last few days.

    Happy New Year, Sybil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the bitter weather has passed there too. We're into milder stuff here now ...

      Delete
  5. It looks very cold there. The photos of the dogs and the general feel of the area is serene. I like this post very much. I read this post either Sunday or Monday and commented from my reader, I think. It looks like some of my comments on various blogs did not take since my computer was messed up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for persevering with the comment. As I recall, you're in Texas so Nova Scotia must seem like the Arctic to you. Having moved from Ontario where we had colder winters, I'm enjoying the relatively, I said RELATIVELY, milder winters near the coast.

      Delete
  6. Holy Brrr! Three hours in bitter cold is a long walk. Bet you slept well that night.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really do love to read your comments.