Saturday, November 18, 2017

Happy Birthday to me !

Today is my 12th birthday !    

Life for me started  as a fat bellied pup at the Peterborough Humane Society pound where I got adopted by mom.  I was one of the two remaining pups from a large litter of dogs that were alleged to be Lab / Shepard crosses;  something I dispute to this day.  Because they'd been inundated with pups the pound had taken out  ads in the local paper to find them all homes.    Because mom thought I was going to grow into very big dog she wanted to give me a gentle non-threatening name and that's how I got named Wendy.

Here I am with my pesky "sister", Sooki back when she was just a baby.



And here we are now.   I should never have let her think it was OK to lie on top of me.


I love stuffed toys !   I love seeing how quickly I can get to their soft centre and rip it out !









 


I'm told my face used to be all black and now I it's got lots of white fur but  I'm not sure why it matters.


I love to go camping but we don't do it enough.


I love balls !   I'm crazy about balls.  Sometimes when we go places and mom didn't bring a ball I find one; even if it's only half a ball.


I love to swim.  One time mom decided we were going to go over to Lawlor's Island and that I was going to swim the whole way.  She got me a life jacket.  Then she climbed into her kayak and set off.  I swam beside her for a bit but then I got scared.  I didn't want to swim all that way.  I tried to climb into the kayak.   Mom ended up having to give me a ride on the front of the kayak.


One time mom took me to the Pride parade and let me sit by myself.


I love exploring the woods,


and rolling; I really love rolling.


Sometimes I like to just sit and watch the kite surfers go by.


Other times I am so happy I can hardly contain myself.


All in all life is pretty good.


Can't wait to see what the next 12 years brings.








14 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Wendy! What great photos of you. I have a lot of white fur too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday sweet Wendy! You're an awesome girl, and so lucky to get to go on all these fun adventures with your mom :-) Big hugs and kisses to you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Wendy! You are one of the best dogs EVER...your mom is a lucky gal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy: You're the dog :) and in your household, the cats' 'meow' as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a cat. I don't understand. I would never "meow" that would be so embarrassing.

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday, Wendy! You are one lucky dog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh. Happy belated birthday dear Wendy. I enjoyed all your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Mom took the pictures coz I ain't got opposable thumbs whatever they are.

      Delete
  7. Ah, Happy (belated) Birthday, Wendy! You've ended up with an amazing family, and it's lovely to see some of the highlights of your life. May you continue to have lots of energy and good fun in the next 12 years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Reggie. I'm sorta like mom. I don't want to slow down yet.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I really do love to read your comments.