Thursday, August 11, 2016

High Head Trail

I have a love/hate relationship with Facebook.   Sometimes it's an unhealthy distraction, but other times it feeds my passions: exploring, gardening, abandoned buildings and dog walking.

One of the groups I belong to, is devoted to finding places to walk your dog off-leash in Nova Scotia. From it, I learned about High Head Trail.  That one thing alone outweighs all the crap I see on F.B.

About 40 minutes drive from my home in Lower Sackville, the trail head is located at the end of Indian Point Road just off Prospect Bay Road.




Indian Point Road is very short and dead-ends at the trail head.



Whaddayathink ?  


The well-travelled trail follows the Atlantic coastline for several kilometres.  



The day I went it was very foggy and though the forecast was for it to clear up around noon, the fog stayed put.    Looking out to sea it was hard to tell where the land ended and the sea began.  


I love how the fog makes the already stunning scenery more magical.



Wendy and Sooki had a marvellous romp, never going too far ahead and occasionally playing with other dogs we met along the way.



I love the "erratics" that  perch decoratively by the trail.  Erratics are rocks and boulders left behind by passing glaciers.  



The trail passed an ocean inlet.



I'm looking forward to going back and checking out the view of the small rocky islands that dot the area off shore.  Perhaps next time I may spot a Seal or two.

Care to come with me ?

6 comments:

  1. Yes, let's plan a trek! Emailing you now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see it on a clear day. Hope we see seals.

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to 'our' next trip. It does look a bit eerie shrouded in fog, but what a wonderful place for the dogs to run, and for you to take pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to my next trip too Bonnie. Minus the fog.

      Delete
  3. I love those rocks and boulders, too, and how they punctuate the scenery. You have the luckiest dogs in the world, Sybil. You provide them with such beautiful places to romp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great place to explore and hike! I had all kinds of plans to get out and do just that this summer but somehow that's not what happened.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really do love to read your comments.