Sunday, August 28, 2016

Meet me at "The Wave".

If you're down on the Halifax waterfront and want to meet up with someone, the go-to meet-up  place is "The Wave".

 The Wave is a popular iconic sculpture that has been a fixture on the waterfront for 28 years.


It's a piece of art that is treated more like a piece of play equipment.


The signage is totally ignored.


In fact some parents even climb up with their children.













A couple of years ago in acknowledgement of the siren song of The Wave, extra padding was added to the ground around the three and a half meter high sculpture.


it was probably a good idea.



4 comments:

  1. Yes, I remember the wave. I did not, however, climb it. I am not a scofflaw. Also too old and out of shape to even attempt it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I'd been here in my younger years. I had to Google "scofflaw" as that's a new word for me. Embarrassed to say that I am an awful scofflaw or a good one, depending on how you look at it.

      Delete
  2. We saw 2 adults sliding down it when we were there last week. No kids in sight :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to try it but think those days are past. Sigh ...

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I really do love to read your comments.