Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Pardon me ...

I recall a poster I had many years ago of a clear cut forest with a Shakespeare quotation at the bottom that read:


"O, pardon me, thou bleeding piece of earth,
That I am meek and gentle with these butchers!"

That quotation came back to me as I explored a development in the remnants of a  forest in Middle Sackville.


It's interesting how we peddle the myth of country living,


to people who probably never went there,


and who don't care what has been destroyed so that they can build their Franken homes on  cleared, treeless lots.  


Sigh ...

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you. I could never understand why anyone would want to live on a treeless lot. Where would humankind be without any trees?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really do love to read your comments.