Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Flâneur ...

I stumbled across a new word; flâneur.   It's a French word, meaning "one who strolls around aimlessly but enjoyably, observing life and their surroundings".

Isn't it a marvellous word ?

I think I have been  flâneur-ing much of my life.   I call it hiking but my plodding pace is probably too slow to qualify technically as hiking.  

I worry that if I walk too quickly I might miss something.  There's so much to see.







Time spent in the woods is both peaceful and exciting at the same time.


Almost magical.


Stopping to look at nature's wonders slows me down; to an amble pace and sometimes to a complete stop.


And since I'm down here I may as well look up.


But I do look down too;


  at least I think this is down.

So ... have you been  flâneur-ing lately ?



10 comments:

  1. You live in a beautiful part of the country alright!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of variety in your area. It almost looked like a tiny Hadrosaur in your first photo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cuz! What a coincidence, Phoebe and I were only commenting yesterday that we hadn't seen a blog in a while and then your latest appears. You have 'an eye' for scenic pics. Im going 'birding' at Topsham bird hide with Nigel and Yvonne today. There are lots of migratory birds on the Exe Estuary now, including Curlew and Canada Geese! Your scenery beats Topsham though!
    Best wishes from 'Devon Branch!'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Louise I miss you on the interweb. I think the scenery where you live is spectacular. I'd live there if I could. Love to all.

      Delete
    2. Do you still have my mobile number?

      Delete
    3. Not sure ... can you email it to me. Please.

      Delete
  4. Nice shots. You are definitely a flaneur. Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie. Would love to take you flaeuring here any time ... Love Aunti.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I really do love to read your comments.