Saturday, May 29, 2021

Things I miss ...

 Well, I'll tell ya what is DON'T miss; I don't miss Winter.

At least Spring brings the distraction of gardening.    The garden doesn't look like this right now, but it will in a month or two or three.

And of course the dog walking never stops; both on and off leash.



              

And of course the nearby woods are always there to be explored.  




Sorry.  I lost my train of thought.  Yeah.  Oh, I know, I was going to tell you about missng stuff.  I was gonna haul out a slew of lovely photos of Fundy; pics of Scott's Bay, Grand Pre and Hall's Harbour and engage in a moderate pity party.

I was going to share a lament for friends I miss.  So far it's been FIVE birthday get-togethers with Sara and Kelly that haven't happened.

And of course I miss being able to visit family and friends in Ontario and England and ... Cow Bay !

And choir !  Don't get me going on how much I miss choir !

                                                                        BUT

I am still here.  Fundy still exists.  I haven't lost any family or friends.  I've had my first shot.

There will be a tomorrow, and more tomorrows after that.

Things haven't really been missed -- they've just been postponed.  

And when we do get together again think how much we will appreciate being together.

And when we can go places we haven't gone in ages, think how mucy we will appreciate being there.


Sending you virtual hugs and my sincere wish that you find what you CAN do, and enjoy it ... until the day you can do even more.

Leave a comment or send me an email telling me about what you've been up to.











10 comments:

  1. Well, you just reminded me that I missed Sara's birthday - GAK! I'm a bad, bad friend! Haven't gone much of anywhere or done much of anything during the lockdown - walking the dogs every day, trying to avoid ticks, rug hooking, drawing, shooting the basketball, watching basketball, listening to a lot of 80s music, not listening to CNN and MSNBC, enjoying our beehive (although I did get stung yesterday for no apparent reason!), sitting on the deck when it's warm enough (which isn't often), planted some sunflower seeds that actually appear to be sprouting.... there, that't the last month of my life in a nutshell!

    Hopefully we won't have to miss celebrating birthday #6 together....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so creative. I always admire your many different creations.
      I so very much want to get together with you guys and I am sure that YOUR birthday will be out first !

      Delete
  2. That's a fun silhouette photo of you and your two adoring dogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra, I take too many shadow shots, but for some reason I like 'em too. How are YOU doing ?

      Delete
  3. I also love that shadow photo of you and the dogs! I think we're just a couple of months away now from getting together (fingers crossed).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara. I'm thinking we'll have a bang up party for Kelly's birthday !

      Delete
  4. Thank you Sybil! Your posts always make my day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. I haven't blogged in ages !

      Delete
  5. Great post as always. Curious on that rock formation...could you share the location? Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Benoit, it's in an undeveloped area in the Bedford Commons mall area at the end of Damascus Road. Across from the Commissionaire's building. Pull into the lay-by on the left. There are a lot of striking rock formations in the woods there. If you need more specific directions message me at crittersnus@hotmail.com

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I really do love to read your comments.